Heatwave weather is upon us and I thought I’d share my swimsuit finds at Donna Claire as well as some shopping tips to help you be that sun goddess.
We’ve all read the magazines telling us that we should’ve been working on the bikini bodies all winter long but if like me you’ve been working on those stew and casserole recipes, your summer body probably looks exactly as your winter body!
I visited Donna Claire after falling in love with a pair of floral shorts that are part of their resort and leisure wear and found myself falling in love over and over again!
I also put together these 5 tips to help you shop for that bikini to rock at the next pool party or when you hit the beach when the festive season fully kicks in:
1. Wear something simple when you go shopping – I opted for my t-shirt dress and sandals.
2. Choose your best fitting underwear – if you have undies that don’t have a visible panty line, wear those. I wear a bra too – I’m not blessed with perky boobies so I usually wear my bra with the thinnest straps.
3. Accessories, accessories, accessories! If you want to visualise what you’ll look like sipping cocktails at the poolside or the beachfront, rock a few of those accessories to help you see your inner sun goddess!
4. Keep your options open – prints, solids, bikinis, one-pieces, ombré, tassels, strapless – try them all and mix and match to find the perfect look! Add cover ups, kaftans and shorts to finish off the look.
5. Have fun and enjoy! Once you find the perfect bikini, have a cocktail or two to put you in the mood!
Now head on over to the next pool party or the beach and turn heads!
*Prices start at R199 and there is no piece priced over R500.